- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 75 minutes
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced small
- 3/4 cup (175mL) IVANHOE - Extra Old White Cheddar, grated
- 2/3 tbsp (30mL) brown sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 3 eggs, large
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté cinnamon and apple together in butter until tender.
- Place 3/4 of bread into lightly buttered 8”x 8” (20 x 20 cm) baking dish. Spread apple mixture, cheese and brown sugar evenly over bread.
- Beat milk and eggs together until frothy and stir in remaining bread.
- to baking dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Great chilled.
- Simple Weeknight Dessert: Apples sauteed in a little butter and sprinkled with cinnamon make a scrumptious dessert. Make extra and enjoy with a chunk of old cheddar for a super snack.
- Credit: Dairy Farmers of Canada