- Yields: 25 servings
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup (125mL) smooth peanut butter, or crunchy
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 1 cup (250mL) chocolate chips, mini and divided
- Extra graham cracker, pretzels, apple slices, halved strawberries, etc
- Melt peanut butter chips in the microwave on Medium power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Blend warm chips with peanut butter until combined. Stir in Smooth cottage cheese until well combined. Stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) chocolate chips until evenly dispersed. (Mixture may be quite firm at this point)
- Turn out onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Use wrap to form mixture into ball. Chill for 20 minutes. Roll ball in remaining chips to coat. (If making ahead, reserve ball in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.)
- Arrange ball on a serving platter or cheeseboard. Surround with apple slices, halved strawberries, graham crackers, pretzel twists, chocolate wafer cookies and a small knife for spreading.
- For individual bite-sized cheese ball bites, roll the chilled mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls, roll in chocolate chips and insert a pretzel stick in each one. Chill for 20 minutes to firm up balls. Makes about 24 bites.
- For a Chocolate Toffee Peanut Butter Ball, replace half of the mini chocolate chips with toffee bits.