- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75mL) icing sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 2 bananas, medium size and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup (125mL) banana chips, coarsely crushed
- 2 oz (60mL) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- GAY LEA - Regular Whipped Cream
- Using electric beaters, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon, stir gradually into butter mixture.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Shape into 7-inch (18 cm) log. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm (or freeze for up to 2 months, then thaw in refrigerator before baking).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Cut log into 24 slices, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Place on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake, in batches, in centre of oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. Let cool in pans on racks for 5 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Before serving, top each cookie with slice of banana, whipped cream and banana chips; drizzle with chocolate.
- Add chopped toasted walnuts to the dough before rolling into logs if desired.