- Yields: 12 cupcakes
- Preparation: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In large bowl using electric beaters, beat butter for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using wooden spoon, alternately stir flour mixture and sour cream into butter mixture, making three additions of flour and two of milk.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups to about three quarters full.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tops spring back when lightly pressed. Transfer to rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes to rack; let cool completely.
- Not your kids’ cupcakes, these elegant, decadent treats give you that perfect pizazz to satisfy your sweet tooth after the perfect meal.