- Yields: Makes 24 cookies
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup (125mL) pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (85g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted (3 oz) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Using an electronic mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine flour and pecans well. Using a wooden spoon, gradually add flour/pecan mixture to butter and blend until just combined.
- On a floured (using all-purpose flour) surface, roll dough to 1/4" (0.625 cm) thickness and use cookie cutters to cut out cookies. Bake for 15 minutes on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, decorate cookies by dipping or drizzling them with melted chocolate.