- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 29 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 4 cups (1L) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250mL) white chocolate, chopped & divided (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) dried cranberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Using an electronic mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour, 3/4 cup (5 oz) of white chocolate and 1 cup (250 mL) of dried cranberries. Blend until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2" (5 cm) apart onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Top each cookie with some of the reserved white chocolate and cranberries.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool completely and serve.
- Credit: Becky Haslett of Burlington, ON - Winner of Gay Lea's 2008 Shortbread Traditions Contest