- Yields: 24 bars
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75mL) pecans, ground
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) corn syrup
- 1 cup (250mL) pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (175mL) cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (175mL) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C). Line a 13 x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and butter. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ground pecans. Press evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter until blended. Stir in pecans, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Pour evenly over warm crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set and golden. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer bars from pan to cutting board. Cut into bars.
- Replace pecans with walnuts or almonds
- When fresh cranberries aren’t available use frozen. Thaw before chopping.
- Cut in larger squares and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.