- Yields: about 5 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 61 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (550mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp (15mL) corn syrup
- Beat the butter with the sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until fluffy. Beat the flour and salt into the butter mixture just until combined. Stir in the pretzels and peanuts. Chill for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll 1 tbsp (15 mL) portions of the dough into balls. Arrange the balls, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Bake, in batches, for 14 to 16 minutes or just until pale golden on the bottom (do not over-bake). Cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter and corn syrup until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie into the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped pretzels and peanuts to garnish. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Make-ahead: Store the baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Tasty Toppings: Change up these indulgent cookies by topping the chocolate layer with a variety of yummy garnishes such as a drizzle of caramel sauce or melted white chocolate or a sprinkle of coarse or flaked sea salt.