- Yields: 56 cookies
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) large flake oats
- 2 cups (500mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175mL) unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup (175mL) pecans, toasted, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175mL) dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on high until lightened in colour, about 2 min. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine. Add vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour mixture just until mixed. Add coconut, pecans and chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Portion dough into two tablespoon balls onto the prepared sheet 2-inches apart. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in batches until the cookies are lightly golden and no longer shiny, about 9 to 11 minutes. Cool for 3 min on sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.