- Yields: 32 triangles
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted
- 7 semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped, 28g each
- 2 tbsp (30mL) corn syrup
- 2 cups (500mL) chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 ⅓ cups (325g) white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (175mL) dried cranberries, chopped
- ⅓ cup (75mL) pistachios, chopped
- Line a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang the edges.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine butter, chocolate, and corn syrup. Heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted, and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate wafer crumbs. Mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Chill while preparing topping.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in cranberries. Spread evenly over base. Sprinkle pistachios on top, pressing in lightly. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 2 hours. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer squares from pan to cutting board. Cut into triangles.
- Replace dried cranberries with dried cherries.
- Replace white chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips.
- Cut and serve these at room temperature.
- Chocolate is easy to melt if placed in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.