- Yields: 60 cookies
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (150mL) all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups (300mL) mixed seeds, white and black sesame seeds, flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together until blended. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in seeds. Mix well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (5 mL) about 2 inches (5 cm) on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes on sheet then transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Use your favourite combination of seeds or just one kind.
- Be sure there is room between cookies for spreading.
- Black sesame seeds are available in Asian grocery stores.
- The longer you bake these the crunchier they will be.
- These can also be mixed using just a wooden spoon.