- Yields: 16 squares
- Preparation: 92 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) rice flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) pure maple syrup
- Grease 8” (20 cm) square baking pan; reserve. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and salt for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add bacon and chives; mix until evenly distributed. In a separate bowl combine all purpose flour and rice flour. Add mixture to butter mixture; stir until just combined. Press dough, in an even layer, into prepared pan. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Lightly score dough with knife into 16 squares (do not cut all the way through). Brush top with maple syrup.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Immediately cut through the scored wedges. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool completely.