- Yields: 36 squares
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 6 tbsp (90mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted, melted
- 1 ¼ cups (300mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45mL) granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime zest, grated
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Press evenly in prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Stir in lime zest and juice. Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or just until set. Cool completely in pan on rack then chill at least 1 hour before serving. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer squares from pan to cutting board. Cut into squares.
- Replace lime zest and juice with lemon.
- Garnish top with a lime twist or fresh berry.
- Chill overnight for easy cutting.