- Yields: Makes about 42 cookies
- Preparation: 85 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups (425mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 oz (60g) white chocolate, melted
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Transfer mixture to floured work surface; knead lightly until dough holds together. Shape dough into two 9-inch (23 cm) logs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, for 1 or up to 24 hours (logs can be frozen for up to 2 months; thaw in refrigerator before baking).
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Slice logs into 1/4 -inch (5mm) thick slices. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for about 20 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely. Drizzle with white chocolate.