- Yields: 48 squares
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Bakers Gold
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate at 28g each, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) instant espresso powder
- ¾ cup (175mL) brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) coffee liqueur
Sour Cream Layer:
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp (45mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C). Line a 13 x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate together until smooth. Stir in coffee powder. Cool slightly. Add brown sugar and eggs, one at a time beating until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder. Stir into chocolate mixture. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Chill while preparing cheesecake layer.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and eggs on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add flour and coffee liqueur beating until blended. Spread over brownie base.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or just until set.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Spread over cheesecake.
- Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool completely in pan on rack then chill until serving. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer squares from pan to cutting board. Cut into squares.
- Replace liqueur with cold strong coffee.
- If desired, for a nice presentation, top each piece with a chocolate curl, chocolate covered coffee bean or a drizzle of chocolate.