- Yields: 24 bars
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) almond extract
- ¾ cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon
- 4 (39g) crunchy chocolate-covered toffee bars, chopped
- ¾ cup (175mL) unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (175mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated and brown sugars, egg and almond extract until smoothly blended. Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir into butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in candy bars, almonds, and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or just until set. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer bars from pan to cutting board. Cut into bars.
- Replace almond extract with vanilla.
- Replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips.
- Toasting nuts ahead of time keeps them crunchier in baked goods.
- These are quite decadent. A small piece goes a long way.