- Yields: 50 cookies
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30mL) instant espresso powder
- 2 squares (28g) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate, melted and optional
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, coffee powder and chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Knead to form a smooth dough.
- Shape into small logs, each about 2 inches (5 cm) long. Bend ends down to form a crescent shape and taper ends. Place on prepared baking sheet about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool 5 minutes on sheet then transfer to rack and cool completely.
- If desired, decorate with a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Leave plain or drizzle with melted chocolate for a fancier presentation.
- Toss plain cookies in icing sugar to coat just before serving.
- Dip ends in melted chocolate.
- Espresso coffee powders vary in strength. Decrease or increase the amount to suit your own personal taste.