- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 2 cups (500mL) semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup (175mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup (150mL) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5mL) sea salt, flaked
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). In large microwavable bowl, combine 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chunks and butter. Microwave on High for 45 seconds; stir well. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Stir in cottage cheese until blended. Stir in cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt until combined; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, in separate bowl, beat eggs with sugar for 5 to 7 minutes or until pale yellow and fluffy. Gently fold in chocolate mixture until no streaks remain. Fold in pecans and remaining chocolate chunks.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Bake on top and bottom racks of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for 10 to 12 minutes or until set at edges but still slightly gooey in centre. Let cool in pans on racks for 2 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Substitute any nut for pecans; try walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts or almonds.