- Yields: 20 cookies
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups (300mL) old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250mL) dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and molasses until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and beat 2 minutes more. On low speed, gradually add oat mixture, beating until blended. Stir in apricots. Mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (20 mL) about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Let cool on sheet 5 minutes then transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Replace apricots with raisins or dried cranberries.
- Underbake for chewy cookies. Bake longer for crisper cookies.
- Old fashioned or large flaked oats work best in these cookies. Be sure not to use instant oats.