- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) Spreadables butter; set aside. Divide remaining butter between two, 8-inch (20 cm) cake pans; set pans on a larger baking sheet.
- Place flour, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and melted butter in a blender. Blend, scraping down the cake pans on centre oven rack and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until butter is bubbly; carefully swirl pans to distribute butter evenly over bottom of pans.
- Carefully pull out oven rack and divide batter between pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until puffed around edges and browned. Lift warm pancakes out of cake pans onto serving platters. Spread Smooth cottage cheese evenly inside. Cut into wedges to serve. Garnish with fresh berries and dust with icing sugar (if using).
- Salted Caramel Apple Variation: Replace the Vanilla Bean Smooth with Salted Caramel flavour. Replace the mixed berries with 2 to 3 sliced apples that have been sautéed with a generous spoonful of GAY LEA Spreadables, cinnamon & brown sugar until tender and golden.
- For best results, bring milk and eggs to room temperature before making recipe.