- Yields: 4 servings
- 4x3 oz (4x90g) beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tsp (10mL) grape seed oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium, julienned
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 tbsp (60mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, softened
- 4 oz (125g) Saint André cheese, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 4 eggs, whole and large
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat indoor grill to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Season steaks with kosher salt and pepper. Place steaks on indoor grill for about two minutes on each side, rotating them 90º to create crisscross marks. Remove from grill; set aside until ready to assemble.
- Heat oil and sauté julienned onions in a small pan until lightly caramelized. Set aside until ready to use.
- Using Spreadables butter, spread on both sides of bread slices and place on preheated grill, toasting both sides. Remove toasted bread and place on platter.
- Preheat electric skillet to 250ºF (120ºC). Add butter, then crack eggs into skillet, keeping each separate. Season with salt and pepper; cook sunny side up. While eggs are cooking, assemble open-face sandwiches.
- Place grilled and rested steaks on toast and top with sautéed onions. Place a generous slice of Saint André cheese over the onions and top with a cooked egg. Serve immediately.
- Ham or turkey may be used instead of beef.