- Yields: 1 serving
- Preparation: 730 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Nordica 2%
- 3 tbsp (45mL) toasted oat müesli mix, (see instructions)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries or raspberries
- 2 tbsp (30mL) toasted almonds and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125mL) spelt flakes (or rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup (50mL) untoasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (125mL) mixed dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins, blueberries or currants
- Stir cottage cheese with müesli mix; stir in maple syrup (adjust to taste). Place blueberries in container or bowl with airtight lid. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with almonds and pumpkin seeds just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss oats with spelt (if using) and wheat germ; spread evenly onto baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant and toasted. Stir dried fruit into oat mixture. Transfer to an airtight container. Reserve at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) or enough for 8 servings.
- Toast almonds and pumpkin seeds along with ingredients for Toasted Oat Müesli Mix and reserve at room temperature to maintain their crunch.
- Create a divide in the centre of the baking sheet with parchment paper to keep the ingredients separate.
- You will need 1/2 cup (125 mL) each slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds to make enough for all eight servings.