- Yields: 2 to 4 servings
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) ice cubes
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - milk, skim, 1% or 2%
- 1/4 cup (50mL) chocolate syrup, or to taste
- 1 tbsp (15mL) instant espresso powder, or coffee powder
- Combine ice cubes, Smooth cottage cheese, milk, chocolate syrup and instant espresso in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Adjust sweetness to taste with extra chocolate syrup or another sweetener such as honey, agave or maple syrup.
- Add a banana for a thicker, sweeter smoothie and extra fibre.
- Nutrition Per Serving (1 cup/250 mL): 130 calories, 2 g fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 17 g sugars, 9 g protein.
- Commercial Mocha Frappuccino: 2% milk, no whip: 200 calories, 2 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 40 g sugars, 3 g protein.