- Yields: 8
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 6 oz (175g) BLACK RIVER - Maple Cheddar with Cracked Pepper
- 1/3 cup (75mL) HEWITT'S - 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 8 slices white bread, or whole wheat and crusts removed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and halved crosswise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- Using rolling pin, stretch out and flatten each slice of bread. Position cheese and bacon at bottom of each slice and roll up into log shape. Pinch seam and ends together to enclose filling.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt; dip each roll-up in egg mixture for about 20 seconds or until saturated.
- Melt some of the butter in large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook roll-ups, in batches and turning as needed, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown all over, adding butter as needed. Serve warm with additional syrup for dipping.
- Also delicious with turkey bacon or ham instead of bacon.