- Yields: 16 servings
- Preparation: 170 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 3 cups (750mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 10” (4 L) angel food pan.
- In bowl, combine pecans, brown and granulated sugars, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stir together sour cream and baking soda; set aside. Using electric beaters, beat butter for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, stir flour mixture and sour cream alternately into egg mixture, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of sour cream. Spoon one third of batter into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with one third of pecan mixture. Top with another third of cake batter, smoothing batter carefully over pecan mixture. Sprinkle with another third of pecan mixture. Top with remaining cake batter, again spreading carefully. Top with remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan to cool completely.