- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) Nordica 4%
- 2 tbsp (30mL) granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- 8 prepared plain crêpes, (9"/23cm)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Grease 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish; set aside. Place cottage cheese in fine mesh sieve and push through with a rubber spatula until at least ½ cup (125 mL) fluid has been released; discard excess fluid. Blend drained cottage cheese with sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and nutmeg well.
- Place scant ¼ cup (50 mL) of filling at bottom of crêpe, fold in sides and roll to enclose filling. Place blintz in prepared pan, seam side down; repeat with remaining filling and crêpes. Cover with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine ¼ cup (50 mL) maple syrup with 2 tbsp (30 mL) each fresh orange juice and Gay Lea Spreadables Butter or brick butter in a small saucepan. Heat until fragrant and serve with blintzes.
- Try cheesecloth (instead of strainer) for an easier way to drain the cottage cheese.
- For smooth blintz filling, place cottage cheese mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth.