- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 1 pkg (500g) Nordica 4%
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (75mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) bran cereal flakes
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5mL) orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup (125mL) golden raisins, (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15mL) granulated sugar, (optional topping)
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, honey and butter until smooth. Add bran flakes and mix well; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, orange rind, baking soda and salt. Pour cottage cheese mixture over flour mixture and stir until moistened. Add carrot and raisins; stir until just combined. Spoon into greased or parchment paper-lined muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of muffins.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan on rack before removing.
- Fussy eaters at home? Slip in different vegetables like shredded beets or carrots to boost nutritional content without compromising flavour.