- Yields: 2
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica Smooth Blueberry Acai
- 1 cup (250mL) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125mL) frozen kale, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30mL) almond butter, natural
- 2 tsp (10mL) lemon juice
Roasted Almond Trail Mix
- 1 cup (250mL) almonds, roasted, whole
- 1/2 cup (125mL) pepitas, roasted, salted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125mL) blueberries, dried
- 1/2 cup (125mL) blueberries, fresh
- Add the Nordica Smooth Blueberry Açai, frozen blueberries, frozen kale, milk, almond butter and lemon juice into a blender and puree until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, add the roasted almonds, pepitas, chocolate, coconut and dried blueberries to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour smoothie into two small serving bowls. Top each bowl with about 1/4 cup (60 mL) Roasted Almond Trail Mix and 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh blueberries (or more to taste).
- Store extra trail mix in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Replace dried blueberries with cherries or cranberries.
- Chop almonds in pieces if you’d like to get the deliciousness of the almonds in every bite.