- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup (150mL) HEWITT'S - 3.8% Whole Goat Milk
- 2/3 cup (150mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250mL) apples, shredded
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon, ground
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, cottage cheese and egg; stir into flour mixture just until combined (some lumps will remain). Toss apples with cinnamon; stir into batter.
- Melt some of the butter in large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) portions of batter into skillet. Cook, in batches, for about 3 minutes or until set around edges and small bubbles form and pop in center of pancake. Flip over; cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter as needed, and reduce temperature if pan begins to get too hot.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat whipping cream until it holds firm peaks. Gently fold into cottage cheese along with apple butter. Serve with pancakes.
- Hold cooked pancakes in a warm oven while cooking the remaining batter.