- Preparation: 5 minutes
- 1 cups (250mL) Nordica 1%, or Fat Free
- 1 cup (250mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (250mL) chopped frozen kale or spinach
- 1 banana, small and ripe
- 1/2 cup (125mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125mL) ice, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground cinnamon
- Combine cottage cheese, applesauce, kale, banana, water, ice, lemon juice, vanilla (if using) and cinnamon in a blender. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until very smooth. Serve immediately.
- Add maple syrup or honey to sweeten to taste.
- Adjust thickness with extra water to taste.
- Omit the crushed ice and use a frozen sliced banana instead.