- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup (50mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10mL) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) black pepper
- 1 asian pear, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) seedless grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup (175mL) celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (175mL) IVANHOE - Old Sharpe Cheddar, crumbled and divided
- 1/3 cup (75mL) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- radicchio or boston lettuce leaves, (optional)
- Mix sour cream, green onion, parsley, mustard, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. Toss pear with grapes, celery, 2 cups (125 mL) cheese and walnuts; stir in dressing.
- Line four serving bowls with radicchio or lettuce leaves (if using). Divide the salad mixture evenly between bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; serve immediately.
- The salad mixture can be made ahead and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Reserve nuts separately; add just before serving to maintain their crunch.
- Fill individual Belgian endive leaves with spoonfuls of salad mixture to serve as a hand-held appetizer.
- Substitute 2 cups (500 mL) chopped crunchy apple for Asian pear.