- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 1 tub (450g) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cilantro, chopped and fresh
- 2 tbsp (30mL) green onion, chopped and fresh
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125mL) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) bell peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp (45mL) black olives, chopped, (optional)
- tortilla chips, or pita chips, baked
- Blend Smooth cottage cheese with cilantro, green onion, lime zest, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Spread in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate or shallow serving dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, peppers, olives (if using) and additional cilantro and green onions. Chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) to meld flavours. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- To prevent the top from getting soggy, remove the seeds from the tomatoes before dicing.
- Nutrition Per Serving (3 tbsp/45 mL dip only): 70 calories, 3 g fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 1 g sugars, 7 g protein.
- Same Dip made with 1 brick cream cheese (250 g) and 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream: 137 calories, 12 fat, 39 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 2 g sugars, 4 g protein.