- Yields: 4 cups (1 L)
- Preparation: 90 minutes
- 10 oz (300g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup (175mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) red pepper, roasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15mL) hot sauce, Louisiana-Style
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried dill
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat broiler to high. Squeeze spinach completely dry. Place in bowl. Add sour cream, Old Cheddar, green onion, roasted red pepper, Parmesan cheese, hot sauce, dill, salt, pepper and garlic. Chill for 1 hour to meld flavours. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with fresh cut veggie sticks and bread cubes.
- For hot cheesy dip, after the dip has melded, transfer to a shallow, oven-proof serving dish. Sprinkle additional shredded Cheddar, evenly over top. Broil for 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and dip is heated through. Serve warm with toasted pita wedges, nacho chips and fresh cut vegetables.
- Dip can be made ahead and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For spice lovers, increase hot sauce to taste.