- Yields: 1 1/3 Cups
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add flour, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beer. Bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in sour cream until well combined and heated through. Gradually whisk in cheese until melted. Season with pepper (adjust to taste). Serve warm, in a chafing dish, with dippers on the side.
- For those who like a little heat, add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Make a smorgasbord of dippers such as soft pretzels, bread cubes, cooked sausage slices, cooked meatballs, sliced peppers, blanched asparagus, broccoli florets and cherry tomatoes.
- Replace the Extra Old Cheddar with grated Aged Goat Cheddar.