- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Organic Sea Salted, melted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) IVANHOE - Extra Old Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Milk Sour Cream
- 1 lb (500g) yellow fleshed potatoes, baby
- 2 tbsp (30mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) rosemary, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) pepper
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until fork-tender; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Whisk together butter, oil, parsley, chives, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; toss with potatoes. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Using small saucepan, smash each potato so it is flattened and skin is broken.
- Roast on bottom rack for about 10 minutes or until golden on the bottom; turn over and sprinkle each potato with cheese. Roast for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream for dipping.
- Load up the potatoes by topping each one with sour cream, crumbled bacon or shaved roast beef and green onion if desired.