- Yields: 45 appetizers
- Preparation: 75 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 8 oz (250g) goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 4 tsp (20mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15mL) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75mL) sweet red pepper, roasted and julienned or sun-dried tomatoes
- Using an electric beater, beat butter with sugar until airy. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour and salt. Transfer dough to floured work surface. Dusting liberally with flour to prevent sticking, roll dough to ¼ " (5 mm) thickness. Using 1 1/2" (4 cm) cookie cutter, cut out rounds.
- Fit into mini tart or muffin pans. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prick bottom of each canapé with tines of fork. Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on rack. Remove from tart tins and place on serving trays.
- Beat together goat cheese, sour cream, honey and nuts until creamy. Pipe or spoon into baked shells. Decorate with small pieces of roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomatoes.