- Yields: 32 nuggets
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) BLACK RIVER - Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (500mL) broccoli florets, small and blanched
- 2 cups (500mL) cauliflower florets, blanched
- 1 cup (250mL) carrots, shredded
- 1 cup (250mL) zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp (5mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60mL) green onion, finely chopped
- Honey mustard or plum sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In food processor, combine broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini; pulse until finely chopped and well combined but not puréed. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and egg; mix gently until combined. Add shredded cheese and green onion, mixing until evenly distributed. Roll 2 tbsp (30 mL) portions into nugget shapes; arrange in single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake, flipping halfway through, for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with honey mustard or plum sauce for dipping (if desired).
- Blanch broccoli and cauliflower in boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately plunge into an ice bath. Drain well and pat dry.