- Yields: 30
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica 2%
- 1/2 cup (125mL) HEWITT'S - 2% milk
- 1 pkg (56g) IVANHOE - Nothing But Cheese Cheddar
- 2 cups (500mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75mL) smooth peanut butter, natural
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In large bowl, stir flour with baking powder. In separate bowl, whisk together cottage cheese, milk, peanut butter and egg until smooth. Crumble cheese; add to cottage cheese mixture, then stir into flour mixture.
- On work surface, roll out dough into 1/2-inch (2 cm) thickness. Using dog bone cookie cutter, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) biscuits; arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- Substitute peanut butter for other natural nut butters, such as cashew, almond or hazelnut.