- Yields: 24 bites
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1 pre-rolled puff pastry
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
- 1 pkg (200g) BLACK RIVER - Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lay out puff pastry sheet on a large cutting board. Cut pastry into 25 equal squares. Press into a 24-cup mini muffin pan (discard the leftover square).
- Toss bacon with maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Divide between squares. Divide cheese curds between cups (breaking up as needed to fit).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Use a thin knife to remove from pan. Garnish with green onion and serve warm.
- Squeaker Bites can be baked, transferred to an airtight container and frozen for up to 1 week. Rewarm, on a baking sheet, for 5 minutes in a 400°F (200°C) oven.
- Caprese Squeaker Bites: Fill pastry cups with Garlic Cheddar Cheese Curds and top with a halved grape tomato. Garnish with chopped fresh basil to serve.
- Double Jalapeno Squeaker Bites: Fill pastry cups with Jalapeno Cheese Curds and top each with a pickled jalapeno slice. Garnish with a small dollop of GAY LEA Sour Cream to serve.
- Peppery Chorizo Squeaker Bites: Fill pastry cups with Garlic and Pepper Curds, a slice of chorizo and a slice or two of green olive.