- Yields: 40 pieces
- Preparation: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) olive oil
- 2 lb (1Kg) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups (1L) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (500mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 40 eggs
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - Cottage Cheese 4%
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Homogenized Milk
- 10 cups (2.5L) SALERNO – Supreme Partly Skimmed Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚F). Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook asparagus, green onions, garlic, oregano, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp. Add tomatoes and peas, tossing until well coated. Transfer to 2 lightly buttered full hotel pans.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, and remaining salt and pepper until well blended. Whisk in mozzarella and parsley. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden and puffed and eggs are set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 40 (4 1/2- x 2 1/2-inch (11 x 6.5 cm) pieces. Hold for service.
- When asparagus is not in season, substitute broccoli or green beans.
- Alternatively, bake frittata in greased muffin cups for easy-to-serve individual portions.
- Substitute basil for parsley.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Ivanhoe Cheese 100% Parmesan Shred.