- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 4 cups (1L) IVANHOE - Con Queso Cheese Sauce, warmed
- 2 tbsp (30mL) oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (250mL) meatless ground beef
- 3 tbsp (45mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cumin powder
- 8 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 bottle (680mL) passata (strained tomatoes)
- 2 cans (540mL) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (540mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250mL) frozen corn, frozen
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175mL) fresh coriander, chopped
- 12 firm rustic buns
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes or until transparent. Add jalapeño and garlic; sauté until fragrant. Add meatless ground beef, chili powder and cumin, stirring to combine.
- Stir in tomatoes, passata, beans, corn and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- To serve, slice the top one-third of each bun off. Pull out the bread from inside to make a bowl, leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick wall around the edge and bottom (this can be done ahead of service and held wrapped).
- Spoon chili into bread bowl and top with 1/4 to 1/3 cup (60 to 75 mL) of con queso cheese sauce. Garnish with coriander. Serve lid on the side for dipping.