- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) GAY LEA - 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - 35% Cream
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60mL) cornmeal, fine
- 1/3 cup (90mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - Cottage Cheese 4%
- 1/4 cup (60mL) maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) orange zest, finely grated
- 24 figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (375mL) pistachios, chopped toasted
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, flour, cornmeal, sugar, vanilla and salt until very smooth. Melt some butter in crepe pan set over medium heat; add 3 tbsp (45 mL) batter to skillet, swirling to coat bottom.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and center begins to puff up. Flip over; cook for about 30 seconds or until bottom is dry and set. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter as needed. (Crepes can be stacked between pieces of waxed paper, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.)
- Whisk maple syrup with vanilla bean seeds until well combined; fold into cottage cheese along with orange zest. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.)
- Fold 4 crepes into triangles and arrange on plate. Top with 3 tbsp (45 mL) cottage cheese mixture, 2 figs, 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup and 2 tbsp (30 mL) pistachios.
- If figs are unavailable, substitute any other exotic or tropical fruit.