- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 lb (750g) HEWITT'S - Goat Cheese Crumble
- 4 lbs (2Kg) fresh yellow potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) sea salt
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cups (2000mL) flour
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 45 to 60 minutes until tender. Let cool until enough to handle. Peel and pass through a ricer or food mill with a fine screen.
- Gently mix warm potatoes, goat cheese, salt, eggs and flour until it comes together. Do not overmix. Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface. Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Roll out each into a 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick log. Cut into 1/2 to 1-inch (1 to 2.5 cm) chunks. Allow gnocchi to dry on flour dusted or parchment-lined trays for 2 hours before freezing.
- To serve, add gnocchi portion to rapidly boiling salted water until they float to the surface. With slotted spoon remove from water.
- While gnocchi is cooking, for one portion, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter over medium heat in medium skillet and sauté 1 tsp (5 mL) of shallots until transparent. Add 1/3 cup (75 mL) of cream and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of spinach; bring to a simmer. Add a portion of gnocchi and ¼ cup (60 mL) goat cheese crumbles and toss to coat.