- Yields: 8 cups (2 L)
- 1 cup (250mL) walnut halves, toasted
- 6 cups (1/5L) baby arugula leaves, lightly packed
- 2 cups (500mL) flat leaf parsley, lightly packed
- 1 cup (250mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup (175mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 cups (1L) NORDICA 1% - Cottage Cheese
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - 2% Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) salt
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor until crushed. Add arugula, parsley, cheese, lemon juice, oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; pulse until well combined. Add the cottage cheese and process until very smooth. Transfer to an air-tight container and whisk in milk. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pesto Pasta Primavera (Single Serving):
- Melt butter in a hot sauté pan. Add veggies and cook for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Add sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Toss with hot cooked pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Cold Pasta Salad (Large Batch):
- Toss pasta with vegetables and sauce until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or within 4 hours. (Add additional dressing before serving as needed to moisten). Makes approximately 16 cups (4 L).