- Yields: 16
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 2 cups (500mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 4 cups (1L) cauliflower, riced and steamed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- Scatter steamed cauliflower onto clean tea towel and roll up into log. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible; stir together with Parmesan, eggs and salt until well combined. Divide into 4 portions.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Press each portion onto greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Bake on bottom rack for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and golden on bottom. Let cool completely; refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Spread 3/4 cup (175 mL) cheese sauce over crust, leaving small border. Top with 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheese, 8 oz (250 g) chorizo, 1/4 cup (60 mL) red onion and 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted red peppers. Bake for about 10 minutes or until heated through. To serve, top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) arugula.
- Add hot pepper flakes and smoked paprika to the crust for a pizza with some kick.