- Yields: 24 servings
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 12 oz (375g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted
- 4 1/2 cups (1.25L) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (750mL) all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan set over low heat; stir occasionally just until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir sugar, vanilla and salt into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs until well combined. Stir in flour just until mixture is free of streaks. Scrape into a foil-lined, 2-inch (5 cm) full-size hotel pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely in the pan, on a rack. Trim the edges if desired before slicing into 2 x 3-inch (5 x 7.5 cm) portions.
- Warm brownie slightly in the microwave for 20 seconds. Garnish brownie with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Drizzle caramel sauce over top, garnish with a generous amount of Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream and sprinkle with toasted, chopped pecans. Serve immediately.
- For a different look, cut brownie into cubes and layer trifle-style in a narrow glass or dish.