- Yields: 36 bars
- Preparation: 330 minutes
- 3 cups (750mL) gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted, melted
- 6 cups (1500g) NORDICA 2% - Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups (500mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups (750mL) frozen sliced peaches or mango chunks, lightly packed fresh or thawed
- 1/2 cup (125mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10mL) fresh ginger, minced
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°F). Toss crumbs with butter until evenly coated. Press firmly into a 2-inch (5 cm) full-sized hotel pan (2-inch deep). Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Purée the cottage cheese in a blender; transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until combined. Stir in sour cream. Whisk in the eggs, two at a time. Pour over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the centre. Cool to room temperature. Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting into bars.
- Combine peaches, honey and ginger in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Makes 2 cups (500 mL) sauce. Garnish each bar with a scant 1 tbsp (15 mL) peach sauce.
- For pristine-looking bars, trim outside edges before cutting into portions.