- Yields: 10
- Preparation: 1 1/2 hours (+ 10 hours standing time)
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted
- 2 cups (500mL) graham crackers, crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175mL) pistachios, shelled and roasted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 8 oz (250g) HEWITT'S - goat cheese log
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 1 lb (500g) cream cheese, brick-style and plain
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60mL) lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 6 peppercorns
- 4 pods cardamom, green
- 4 allspice berries
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 orange zest strips
- 2 lemon zest strips
- 12 figs, quartered
- 6 apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) pomegranate seeds
- In food processor, pulse cracker crumbs and pistachios until well combined and uniform in size; add sugar and salt. Drizzle butter over top; pulse until evenly coated.
- Center 9-inch (2 L) springform pan on large square of foil; press foil up side of pan. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden around edges. Let cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, goat cheese and sugar until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until incorporated. Fold in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over crust and smooth top.
- Place cheesecake in deep hotel pan; fill pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up side of springform pan. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for 60 to 75 minutes or until set around edges but still slightly jiggly in center. Set hotel pan on rack.
- Run thin knife around cheesecake. Let cool in water bath for 1 hour. Remove from water and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 3 days.
- In saucepan, combine 1 cup (250 mL) water, honey, lemon juice, vanilla seeds, peppercorns, cardamom pods, allspice berries, cloves, star anise, orange zest and lemon zest. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Strain and discard solids.
- Add figs and apricots to saucepan, ensuring they are covered with syrup. Poach for 15 to 20 minutes or until fruit is tender and liquid is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; poach for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place 1 piece of cheesecake on dessert plate. Top with 1/3 cup (75 mL) poached fruit and syrup.
- The cheesecake in this recipe can be garnished like any other cheesecake or with toppings that would complement goat cheese, such as cranberry coulis, poached pears or chocolate ganache.