- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - 18% Table Cream
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted, divided
- 12 oz (340g) IVANHOE Medium Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 24 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175mL) shallots, finely diced
- ¼ cup (60mL) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and seasoning, to combine well. (A blender can be used for this step.)
- In a 14-inch (36 cm) non-stick sauté pan, over medium- high heat, melt 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the butter and sauté shallots until transparent. Add remaining butter. Once butter is melted, reduce heat to medium and add egg mixture.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently fold the eggs to create large curds. When half the mixture is cooked, sprinkle cheese over top and continue to fold until the eggs are just set. Be careful not to overcook. Serve topped with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired. If storing the eggs in a chafing dish, slightly undercook the eggs so they are slightly wet going in.