- Yields: 32 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- Preparation: 20 minutes (+ 8 hours chilling time)
- 40 eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 10 cups Nordica Smooth Plain
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 1/4 cup (60mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) celery, finely diced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 32 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 32 carrot sticks
- 32 cucumber sticks
- 32 red pepper sticks
- 32 celery sticks
- 32 GAY LEA - Butter Portions- Pots Whipped, softened (optional)
- Mash together eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in celery and green onions. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours before service.
- Per serving: Serve 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg salad with 1 slice toasted whole grain bread, 1 each carrot, cucumber, red pepper and celery stick, and butter pat (if using).
- Blanch carrots in boiling water until tender-crisp to soften, if needed, and peel celery if too stringy.
- To make hard-cooked eggs, steam in steamer for 12 to 15 minutes or place eggs in bottom of large rondeau in single layer; pour in enough cold water to cover eggs by at least 1 inch (2.5 cm). Bring to boil over high heat; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water. Peel eggs.